January 16, 2020
With the latest version of incoterms coming into effect on January 1st, 2020, is your company prepared to start using them? If you haven’t been to an incoterms training recently, or at all, now would be a great time to catch up. This class will help you learn how to properly use these terms in a quotation, letters of credit, commercial invoices and more.
The class is Thursday, January 16th at the S.C. Department of Commerce at 1201 Main Street in Columbia, S.C. in the third floor conference room from 8:30 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. Parking is available in the Lady Street Garage.
The cost is $295 per person if registered by January 3; $325 after January 3.
All reference materials including the official Incoterms guidebook, coffee and pastries are included. The S.C. District Export Council will offer this class at a special rate (normal price is $375), so seating is limited. Registration and payment are required to guarantee seating.
- A complete review of all new Incoterms 2020 – what are they, when, and how to use them.
- Understanding how to incorporate proper usage of incoterms into proforma and commercial invoices.
- Sales strategies on how incoterms should be used to increase sales and lower unnecessary liability/exposure and costs.
- Strategies to limit liability and address title transfer when providing quotations or letters of credit.
- Common errors when using incoterms, and how to turn those into your advantage.
- Understanding responsibilities between buyer & seller in terms of risk, obligation and costs.
This class is intended for sales team members, customer service representatives, receiving, purchasing managers, ISO and compliance managers, corporate attorneys, CFOs and more.
Do you meet the SBA's definition of a small business? If so, you may qualify for South Carolina Export Incentives Program grant funds to cover your registration fee (limited two per company). For more information, contact Norris Thigpen at email@example.com.