We're ranked highly for low labor costs and workforce development programs by Area Development magazine.
With low corporate tax rates and competitive wages, SC's job market has consistently outpaced national growth levels.
Regional Workforce Advisors
Twelve Regional Workforce Advisors focus on ensuring that South Carolina's workforce continues to be one of the best in the nation. At a time when South Carolina's economy is developing at historic rates, the Regional Workforce Advisors are the state's resource for creating a workforce of the future. These advisors are our go-to team, bridging gaps at the local level between those who educate our students and those in the business community who rely on a talented labor pool.
Regional Workforce Advisors Helping Educators
- Providing suggestions to make learning relevant to workforce needs
- Connecting educators and industry leaders for collaborative problem solving
- Communicating South Carolina industry workforce needs
- Providing suggestions for workforce development, college, and career preparation in curriculum
- Providing information on professional development related to college and career readiness based on employer feedback