Known for our hospitality, it is not surprising that we have helped companies large and small acclimate to South Carolina. The South Carolina Department of Commerce has a long and successful track record of helping international companies establish, relocate and expand business operations in the US and North American markets.
Our state has had a presence in Europe and Asia for decades providing advisory and support services, including:
- Identification of suitable communities, sites and buildings
- Detailed information on industry sectors and operating costs
- Introduction to the state’s pro-business environment
- Access to technical and workforce training programs
- Government assistance, language interpretation and customary procedures
- On-the-ground points of contact
- Trade assistance
More than 1,200 operations of international firms (and growing) call South Carolina home. Majority-owned, foreign-affiliated companies employ more than 131,900 South Carolinians - 7% of the state's private industry employment.