Twelve Regional Workforce Advisors focus on ensuring that South Carolina’s workforce continues to be one of the best in the nation. At a time when South Carolina’s economy is developing at historic rates, the Regional Workforce Advisors are the state’s resource for creating a workforce of the future. These advisors are our go-to team, bridging gaps at the local level between those who educate our students and those in the business community who rely on a talented labor pool.
Here’s how the Regional Workforce Advisors can serve you.
Regional Workforce Advisors Helping Business
- Helping businesses partner with schools to develop a workforce for industries, including apprenticeships and job shadowing experiences
- Relaying information to educators about workforce needs
- Bridging the gap between workforce needs and workforce development
- Advocating industry needs inside the education system
- Helping businesses reach students, educators and parents to relay information about job descriptions, salaries and general information about industry
- Serving as a support system for the emerging workforce
Regional Workforce Advisors Helping Educators
- Providing suggestions to make learning relevant to workforce needs
- Connecting educators and industry leaders for collaborative problem solving
- Communicating South Carolina industry workforce needs
- Providing suggestions for workforce development, college, and career preparation in curriculum
- Providing information on professional development related to college and career readiness based on employer feedback
Regional Workforce Advisors Helping Students, Parents and Adult Learners
- Providing opportunities for students to interact with industry leaders and businesses, including apprenticeships and job shadowing opportunities.
- Connecting students to future employment opportunities and higher education
- Guiding students in workforce preparation, including career transition advice, and work ready skill development
- Informing students and parents of opportunities and career facts
New Workforce Podcast
An in-depth examination of workforce opportunities today.Listen